The HPS-1a is a very small, light weight (only 1.25 lbs), power supply that is most useful for hams who take their transceivers when traveling. It is capable of operating most 12 Volt, 100 Watt transceivers in normal voice SSB or Morse CW modes. It would make a great power supply for DXpeditions. It is especially useful when used with smaller transceivers. It is much smaller than the Icom IC-706, IC-7000, FT-100D, etc.
The HPS-1a is guaranteed to operate your 12 volt radio at up to 100 Watts output using Morse CW or Voice SSB. You have to see it to believe it. It will power your radio continuously for normal QSOs... in fact, you can contest with it!
Your radio uses power only 35% of the time when transmitting CW, and about 25% during normal Voice SSB operation. The Gamma HPS-1a provides full power capability by the use of Ultra-Capacitors which act like short term batteries. Between spoken syllables and between Morse code characters, the Ultra-Capacitors are being recharged, ready for the next high current pulse requirement. This allows the total weight and size of the power supply to be reduced to 1/3 that of any other power supply on the market. And it operates equally well on input voltages between 100 and 250 VAC, 50 or 60 Hz.
The HPS-1a is over-voltage protected, and current limited. Also virtually RF noise free.
Input Voltage: 100-250 VAC, 50-60 Hz
Input Current: 2 Amps maximum
Output Voltage: 13.8 VDC +/- 5%
Output Current: 5 Amps Continuous., 22 Amps @ 25% duty/sec.
Dimensions: 3.37" x 1.55" x 5.25"
Weight: 1.25 lbs.
DC Output Connector: Radio Shack 274-151 (see drawing below)
NOTE: Output power should be limited to 25 or 30 watts during tune-up or other prolonged key-down operation. Please do not adjust the output voltage to any value other than the factory setting. Serious damage could occur if the output voltage is modified.
The cost of the HPS-1a is $229.00 USD plus shipping.
Sales Tax will be applied for items shipped to PA and TN.
All USA: $12.25 (UPS Ground or USPS Priority)
Outside of USA: $59.95 (Priority Mail International) OR $105.00 (FedEx International)
Ordering the HPS-1a:
- PowerPole adapter
- The PowerPole adapter (see picture) converts the Molex DC output connector on the HPS-1a to the familiar and widely used PowerPole DC connector format. $16.00 with free shipping if ordered at the same time with the HPS-1a.
- IEC320 C14 receptacle adapter kit
- The IEC320 C14 receptacle adapter kit (see picture) allows the AC input of the HPS-1a to be used with IEC320 C13 power cords world wide. It also allows the power cord to be separated from the power supply. This makes the power supply easy to pack for travel. Power cords in other countries have C13 plugs on one end and the respective country's plug on the other. These are sometimes referred to as computer power cords. The C14 receptacle and C13 plug are universally used world wide. The C14 receptacle kit comes with a 3 foot cord with an IEC320 C13 plug on one end and a standard North American NEMA 5-15P, 3 prong plug on the other. $16.00 with free shipping if ordered at the same time with the HPS-1a.
- Accessories purchased separately will be charged $5.15 for domestic shipping or $16.00 for international shipping. Please contact us for details on ordering.
||USA Customers (UPS Ground or USPS Priority)
$229.00 HPS-1a + $12.25 Shipping
||Outside of USA (Priority Mail International)
$229.00 HPS-1a + $59.95 Shipping
- Ordering Accessories:
- Please contact us for details on ordering accessories.
Click to Enlarge